Review: my Reception Wedding Dress

Sorry to take a very long time to review on my wedding dress. Aina@Mrs Qimie, anonymous and anyone else yang dah lamaaaaa gila tanya, hope this entry fulfills your request. =)

My wedding dress was mend by 2 Chinese lady, an Indian guy and touched up finishing by my Mum. Not a designer, but the tailoring was superbbb! Even my mum and sisters dekat Sarawak pon I suruh hantar baju kat sini. The boutique of Classic One in Kulim was run by Liza, who is also responsible in designing my dress. She's the one who give the idea of the veryyyy long and big train, and the big PINK bow at my back.  Most of her ideas were inspired by the HK brides, therefore my dress is quite English-ish as I prefer something different than that long kebaya. 

While we're discussing, Elline her partner sketched the design and get the measuring. She also did all the material cut, the important step in order to get the lace at the right place. Then, all the pieces of fabric will be send to an unknown Indian guy who is responsible for the patches and sewing.

I sent them the material end of February and prefer it to be done by April. Surprisingly, they managed to complete the dress in March! Mereka tak sabar ke I yang tak sabar? ;p

This is the dress without a beading, yet. 



I love the patched roses at the waist! 

The cute lace stripes. Initially the heavy beaded lace stripes was the plan, tapi mahal gila kot for this 4m train.

And the big bow at the back. It was hooked to the dress. 

Then later, I just asked my mum to do the finishing, add beading s for extra. Classing One can do it as well, but I just want to reduce the cost. Thanks to my mum, siap tangan seliuh sebab kena timpa  patung tempat gantung baju, and that takes 2 months! 

Terpaksa di lipat dua sebab terlalu panjang. 

The bottom of the dress




The crystals on the dress was bought when my bestie, Aanna and I went to Sabah for the bachelorette vacation in April. It costs me a lot though, for just a minor part of the dress.  

This is the details on the bow. Zoom the photos, then you can see how it was hooked to my dress. 5 hooks in total. 




And these poses are purposely done to show off the bow. 




Bahana train panjang, jalan kena buat macam gini. 

I purposely request the huge train just because I want to pose like this, badly! Mesti posing macam ni dekat tangga kaca di library itu, nekad dari dulu lagi.  =)




My fav! 

But this is the MOST fav!

And now, the dress is opened for sale. I prefer to sell it to the bridal boutique. Mail me for the price and it comes with the groom's suit as well. =)


Sekian, Kamsahamida~

P/s: Entri ini sempena our half year marriage anniversary! =)


14 doll(s) whispering:

hana yoriee said...
January 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

wow..marvellous..meleleh air liur tgk pic dress u okeyh..even tailor can made ur dream dress..cayalah..

psstt..baju reception hana pun ada rose bow kat blkg..baru perasan aifa pny pn ada bow..=)

che fara @ fanadz said...
January 4, 2011 at 10:21 AM

cantiknya!thanks for sharing..:) bole kasi inspirasi kat i yg ntah bile nak kawen nih.kih3.

Aida The Pink Goddess said...
January 4, 2011 at 11:11 AM

and thats 1.5yrs for us :) happy 0.5 eppa eppy!

MiYOKO TACHIBANA said...
January 4, 2011 at 3:41 PM

cntik giler.... :)

nk wedding dress ala2 camni gakkk...

LyNn HaMzAh said...
January 4, 2011 at 3:54 PM

memang cantik la baju aifa nie...suka kak lynn tgk...

III bDkNaKaL III said...
January 4, 2011 at 5:27 PM

Aifa, million thanx to you!!!!if im the bridal boutique, i'll buy it...i really admirer wf ur dress most!!mmuahhh...how it cost if u wanna sell it Aifa?

PurPLe LaDy AiFA said...
January 5, 2011 at 9:58 AM

hana,
yeke?? rose bow lagi cantikk! cam diah tu ke? tp i love your nikah dress yang macam raja farah tu! sgt cantik!

fanadz,
thanks dear..insya allah, your turn will be next.. =)

adood,
thanks! cant wait for another 4th july! hee

miyoko,
boleyyy.. mai la kulim buat baju kat sini.. hehee

kak lynn,
thanks! nnti 10thn anniversary kak lynn boley pakai cmnie gak..

aina,
mail me. =)

Nurul Huda Jumri said...
January 5, 2011 at 4:21 PM

nk jual ke eppa? sayangnyerrr...

Hazzy Ishak said...
January 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM

fuyooh fuyyoohhh macam princess tau!

ewindewina said...
March 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM

wah kacak baju ktk!!! nak mcm tu jugak( cantik baju )..the location of ur wedding @ Pustaka right?..nice..

skieyn said...
March 29, 2011 at 4:51 PM

tau x kat mane classic one kat kulim ? atau pun ade no phone ?

PurPLe LaDy AiFA said...
April 6, 2011 at 9:56 AM

ewin,
yup yup. kat pustaka. hehe

skyein,
Classic one kulim? Hmm tahu the store kulim kan? and KFC town? so dari pintu the store tu, belok kiri, jumpa simpang 3, belok kanan, and then terus sampai jumpa deret kedai tailor kat hujung. cLassic one is on your left side.

phone num: 044900287

Scha Nur said...
June 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM

hye dear.i nak tanye how much u tempah baju nih.

coz i mmg org kulim and bawu tau tailor classic one nih.

PurPLe LaDy AiFA said...
June 8, 2011 at 2:06 PM

mail me dear.. miftahulaifa@gmail.com