I got these from Yahoo.com weeks ago. Maybe this may help some of you who always end up dining alone during lunch or dinner time. Here you go, tips on how-not-to-feel-humiliated when dining alone, modified version from PuRPLe LaDy.
1. Be Bookish. Having something to read not only keeps you from getting bored but also serves as a shield against wait staff pity or unwanted conversational overtures from fellow patrons.
2. Exude Confidence. Stride up to the hostess and proudly request your table. NEVER shrug or say, “just me =(” as though you’re apologizing. It takes guts to eat alone, and you should command the respect you deserve!
3. Eavesdrop. I like this! Come out with your innocent face while you’re dining and secretly listening to other’s conversations and gossips. Must be a lot of kisah rumahtangga can be heard there.
4. Befriend Your Blackberry. Yes, this is the most used by Malaysian! Look at handphone’s screen all the time, every second! But the fact is nothing is on the screen. Looks busy typing and receiving messages, but the truth is busy playing mobile games. While it’s impolite to do this in the company of others, it's an absolutely acceptable activity when you’re dining alone: Reading the news, checking your Twitter feed, fondly reading old emails from loved ones, or scanning your secret crush’s Facebook page...the wireless possibilities are endless.
5. Think Like A Food Critic. Pretend you are reviewing the restaurant. Bring along a pen and notebook with you. Observe the nuances of each course, take in the presentation, note the faults and strengths of the décor and keep a sharp eye on the service. This puts you in a position of judgment – always empowering.
6. Life Is Short, Enjoy The Food. Finally, remember to relax, enjoy yourself, and focus on the positives of solo dining. Just think: There will be no quibbling over who pays, no awkward pauses, and no drawn-out discussions about your companion's relationship or work problems. You really can be your own best dinner date!
Nah, bagi gambar semangat.
FuRFLe Notes: Or, if you’ve still no guts, straightly go to the counter, order your food, tapau back and eat with your pets.
Mcm PurPLe Lady. =D